Author Topic: Enter the Black Wolf...images  (Read 1320 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Enter the Black Wolf...images
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:24:28 pm »

A couple pics of one of the newest additions. Shes not the best quality but table ready. Figured i'd post for opinions, and suggestions.

"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Black Wolf...images
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:26:01 am »
"Not the best quality", you say...bullfeathers!  She looks great!  Definitely like the camo scheme--I tried something similar on my RoF ships, but it just didn't work out.

To quote one of my favorite movies:  "You know, I seen me a mermaid once...even seen a shark eat an octopus.  But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine."
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:27:53 am »
By the way, what is that material the ship is sitting on (not the base, I mean whatever is UNDER the base), and where did you get it?  Looks like good sea mat material!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:16:08 am »
hehe gotta say i did switch from my standard painting movie of Battleship, too the Hunt for Red October to paint this one.

Thanks Landlubber! Was pretty bored with seeing the "black" BWs, so wanted to go a different route. Working in shades of various off whites is a pain but worth it i think. Really feel I could have done the water on the basing better, as I feel like it takes away from the model itself. First time exploring this.

The mat is actually a mouse pad haha. Was to dark to go outside and take pics on the glass table.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"