Author Topic: DW at either the GV or E&E  (Read 42528 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: DW at either the GV or E&E
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2015, 11:02:08 pm »
I've got a tentative yes for Sunday! What time were you thinking of meeting?

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2015, 08:22:11 am »
This Sunday? I have been looking towards Saturday Nov 7th and 14th. If there is a game this Sunday I wont be able to play, but could stop by.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2015, 09:25:03 am »
Sorry, I was responding to this post from Creon. Sorry for the confusion!

Sounds like it will be fun! As of now, it looks like the weekend of the 23rd will be my first one back in VA. If anyone is going to be available that weekend, let me know!

I'll probably be around, and available for a Sunday Game.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:37 pm »
Had a great time on Sunday! Thanks to Creon for helping me to get spun back up on the DW rules ;). I put up a quick battle report on the blog:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2015/10/28/dystopian-wars-1250-point-game-pe-vs-eimc/#more-1143

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2015, 01:53:41 am »
Good to hear about Ruckdog back in the game. 1,250 seems to be the 1,000.
Last Rites let me know If anyone wants to do a campaign scenario (I added some limited tech goodies to some if desired (like from captured merchants, or forward base raids). No one has stolen any Tech yet.
I will post them again.
Or, short or simple games for new (again) player and others.
I am interested in players providing a Fleet list for the campaign. For several players that will simply be their entire fleet. However for some who might wish to add more models that they don't have we can have them add some from players with models not in the campaign, and either proxy them or loan the models fir the battle.

BTW if the scenarios are too complicated, I was looking at the Ironclad Tournament Pack of Scenarios. Many are similar to mine.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2015, 12:23:33 pm »
Had a great time on Sunday! Thanks to Creon for helping me to get spun back up on the DW rules ;). I put up a quick battle report on the blog

Sounds like an epic few rounds! Have yet to face the EIMC, but if they can take out a Dread that fast they look to be a problem...

Good to hear about Ruckdog back in the game. 1,250 seems to be the 1,000.
Last Rites let me know If anyone wants to do a campaign scenario (I added some limited tech goodies to some if desired (like from captured merchants, or forward base raids). No one has stolen any Tech yet.
I will post them again.
Or, short or simple games for new (again) player and others.
I am interested in players providing a Fleet list for the campaign. For several players that will simply be their entire fleet. However for some who might wish to add more models that they don't have we can have them add some from players with models not in the campaign, and either proxy them or loan the models fir the battle.

BTW if the scenarios are too complicated, I was looking at the Ironclad Tournament Pack of Scenarios. Many are similar to mine.

On the 7th, we will most likely be doing a straight up game. This is the one that our player from VA Beach can make. Wont have any campaign implications, but we should be able to get a good battle report out of it.

On the 14th, we should advance the campaign. I reread the link with the Operation Galvanic info, but am curious on a few things. Will post on that thread. Also for this game i am for sure confirmed to be there. As we get closer i will know about any others looking to join.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »
Excellent. Since it is not a campaign game I can play anything I haven instead of FSA. I am thinking a mixed Merc/LoIS. Or Russians? I think Creon is still bringing EIMC.
1250? Dreads?

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »
Sorry just want to be clear, so for the 14th you want to do a straight up match, instead of a campaign game?

Not that it matters to me. I'm just excited to be able to get back weekends for gaming.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:22:49 pm by Last Rites »

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2015, 10:08:19 pm »
Sorry, confused my timelines. I am traveling on the 7th. I will be there for the
Sorry just want to be clear, so for the 14th you want to do a straight up match, instead of a campaign game?

Not that it matters to me. I'm just excited to be able to get back weekends for gaming.
Campaign games on 14th.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:03 am »
All good! Have fun on your travels and will see ya on the 14th. I posted a couple Q's on the Galvanic Campaign page. Just trying to prepare for the next round.

Creon, Ruck, Bogo any of y'all interested in coming out for a game on either of those weekends?

Creon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »
I've got us two tables for the 14th, that's Gates of Antares Launch Day, and might be busy, but we can get the two tables and I will be there.  The seventh is still in negotiations.  I anticipate a Dinner and Dancing will be required as appropriate payment to my lovely bride.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »
All good! Have fun on your travels and will see ya on the 14th. I posted a couple Q's on the Galvanic Campaign page. Just trying to prepare for the next round.

Creon, Ruck, Bogo any of y'all interested in coming out for a game on either of those weekends?

I'm up for both the 7th and 14th!

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2015, 08:09:36 am »
I've got us two tables for the 14th, that's Gates of Antares Launch Day, and might be busy, but we can get the two tables and I will be there.  The seventh is still in negotiations.  I anticipate a Dinner and Dancing will be required as appropriate payment to my lovely bride.

Brilliant call on securing the tables! Current count is six players, so two should work out nicely. Aye, the lady has a list of chores I've nearly completed to get back to back weekends. A few nice homemade dinners would be a good move as well.

I'm up for both the 7th and 14th!

Fantastic! My fresh KOB subs long for a bout against thier rivals (Prussians are a faction I've never faced...). In all we look to have a truly excellent showing!

CDR-G, leaving it up to you to plan for the campaign games, but first enjoy your trips! In the meantime I've got some painting to do...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2015, 08:29:47 am »
What time are you guys planning on being at the store this Saturday (the 7th)?

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »
Shooting for noon, with three others confirmed. Are you thinking straight up team match or a scenario?